1-for-1 Main Course at The Sportsman's Arms (*Promo Expired)
Valid Until 30 Dec 2020
When Heavitree Brewery purchased the property in 1946 when land adjoining the car park was under an agreement dated 12th October 1942 with The War Department for storage space. The land was used to store two home guard ammunition shelters, which at the end or the war and their service was sold to Mr. Hatfield for £4 each. Heavitree Brewery upon purchasing The Sportsmans Arms purchased the disused ammunition shelters from Mr. Hatfield.
As noted in the Conveyance to Heavitree Brewery ‘The Sportsmans Arms’ included a petrol pump business which was situated directly in front of the pub adjoining the road. The pumps were installed at the premises some time between 1927 and 1933 and were in service until their removal in 1976.
There is a stained glassed window above the entrance to the pub spelling ‘The Sportman’s Arms’ it is not known if the spelling is incorrect or that the spelling is to coincide with what regulars used to call the pub ‘ The Sport Man’.
A fire occurred Circa January 1951 causing £32,10,0 which was recovered in full from The County Fire Office Limited.
The name ‘The Sportsman’s Arms’ can be traced back in the deeds as far as 1880 and the premises is recorded as a public house as far back as 1849.
- A customer who holds a HSBC credit card (except HSBC Debit cards and HSBC Corporate cards) issued by HSBC Bank (Singapore) Limited (“HSBC”) in Singapore (such HSBC credit card, a “Card”) as a credit cardholder (as the case may be), whose credit card account (as the case may be) is in good standing with HSBC over the entire Promotional Period (as defined below) and at the time of fulfilment (as determined by HSBC at its discretion) and who fulfils these terms and conditions (such customer, a “Cardholder”) shall be eligible to participate in the promotion (“Promotion”).
- The offer is only available via the ENTERTAINER with HSBC programme. For more information, visit hsbc.com.sg/entertainer.
- The offer may be removed from the ENTERTAINER with HSBC app without notice from time to time. Kindly check that relevant offer is available on the app on the day of visit and/or purchase.
- The offer is not valid on the eve of Public Holidays in Singapore, Public Holidays in Singapore, blackout dates and special occasions as determined by the Merchant, unless otherwise stated.
- The offer is not valid in conjunction with other discounts, offers, promotions, privileges and vouchers.
- Discount is not applicable on service charge and taxes.
- Advance reservation is required and subject to availability. Cardholders must quote ""ENTERTAINER with HSBC"" when making reservations and prior to ordering to enjoy the offer.
- Payment must be made using a HSBC Credit Card.
- HSBC is not the supplier of and accepts no liability for the goods and services provided by the merchant involved in this Promotion.
- The merchant, The Entertainer and HSBC reserve the right to vary any of these terms and conditions, or to withdraw this Promotion, at any time in their discretion without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the merchant, The Entertainer and HSBC shall be final.
- All information is accurate as at time of publishing or posting online.